Please note that the Catholic Leader papers have been delayed until after Easter.
Sunday 4th April (Easter Sunday):
- Happy Easter to all.
- Maleny Morning tea in the Pat Daley Centre after Mass; Food will be supplied; Covid-safe regulations will apply.
Monday 5th April (Easter Monday – Public Holiday):
- No Monday Mass today.
- No Craft group
- Charismatic Prayer Group gathers to praise God and to give thanks for all God’s blessings, every 1st & 3rd Mondays of the month 7-8.30pm in the AED room. Contact Dorothy for details – 0403 175 714
Tuesday 6th April:
- No Maleny Mass
- OLR St Vincent de Paul meet every Tuesday at 3pm in the Parish Centre. We make daily visits to those in need. New members welcome. Phone Dawn 5430 9390 for further enquiries.
Wednesday 7th April:
- Art class with Jude this week in the Egan room 10-12noon.
Thursday 8th April:
- NO morning MASS at Unity or Currimundi today.
- Baptism prep in the OLR church 7-8pm
Friday 9th April:
- Spirituality Group meets in the OLR Parish Centre 9.45am-12noon every 2nd Friday of the month.
Saturday 10th April:
- Happy Birthday Fr Dang!
Baptism Preparation Evening for Infants:
Those parents with new born babies wishing for them to be baptised are reminded of the preparation meeting which takes place at Our Lady of the Rosary Church, Caloundra, this Thursday 8th April, beginning at 7pm. At this short preparation meeting we outline some of the symbols used at the ceremony, answer any questions and confirm dates.
To book in for the preparation evening and to receive the necessary paperwork please contact the Parish Office on 5430 9390 or email [email protected]
Welcome to The Syro-Malabar Catholic Church Parishioners:
In a very short time Australia has become a remarkably multicultural society which has bought a rich diversity and vitality to our country. This rich diversity is beautifully reflected also in our universal Catholic Faith. The Syro-Malabar Catholic Church is a Major Archiepiscopal Church in full communion with the Apostolic See of Rome.
The Syro-Malabar Church traces its origin to St Thomas the Apostle, who came to India in 52 AD and established a group of believers. St. Thomas was martyred at Mylapur, Chennai, India, in 72 AD, after preaching and establishing Christian communities in different parts of India.
The widespread diaspora of the Indian community outside the Indian continent has also seen the Syro-Malabar faithful spread to regions outside Kerala, and it has a large presence in Australia, especially here on the Sunshine Coast.
On 23 December 2013, Pope Francis established The Syro-Malabar Eparchy of St Thomas the Apostle in Melbourne for the Syro-Malabar community spread throughout Australia. Pope Francis appointed Bishop Bosco Puthur, then Curia Bishop of Major Archiepiscopal Curia, Kerala, as the first Bishop/Eparch of the new Eparchy. Bishop Bosco Puthur was installed on 25 March, 2014 in Melbourne.
The Syro-Malabar Catholics are our brothers and sisters in faith and in response to their large presence here on the Sunshine Coast we have welcomed them to celebrate their Mass and liturgies at Our lady of the Rosary every Sunday evening. Their vibrant faith and liturgies are a timely reminder of our diverse universal Catholic Faith.