If you are interested in doing a bit of landscape gardening over Easter and you need a few pavers – then, look no further! The pavers around the side entrance to OLR church need to be replaced and are looking for a new home – if you are interested please contact Fr Peter at the parish office.
Kid’s Club Update!
Returning next Sunday, 25th April is the OLR Kid’s Club. All younger parishioners are invited to be part of our children’s liturgy at the 9.30am Mass. Look forward to seeing you there!
OLR Caloundra SVDP Conference
Has received a donation of $1,149.14 from
Seasons IGA Caloundra which will go towards the upcoming Winter Appeal providing accommodation, food and basic necessities to those in need in the Caloundra area. Seasons IGA has been a long term supporter of Vinnies and we value their friendly assistance.
L-R Kristie Manus (OLR Caloundra Secretary), Bruce Franklin (OLR Caloundra President), Loren Adams (Seasons IGA)
Supporting Our Parish
During these Covid days there are many ways to support your Parish. Since, because of Covid, we are not allowed to pass the collection plate around, many parishioners utilise the collection baskets (or the big drum at OLR) at the entrance to the church – thank you.
All our lives have been turned upside down during the past twelve months and suddenly “tap & go” has become a natural part of our daily lives – from buying your morning coffee to visiting the supermarket. Likewise, the “tap & go” machine at OLR, Unity and Maleny has been utilised by many parishioners and visitors to support the mission of the Parish. In many ways “tap & go” is the way of the future!
As always, direct debit through the planned giving programme provides your Parish with the ability to budget confidently in your support. With the restrictions on Mass numbers many have changed over to direct debit as an easy way to fulfil their financial commitment to the Parish. There are planned giving brochures at all our churches.
Whichever option you use, a grateful Parish says thank you for your generosity, commitment and trust.
Confirmation Program Starts Soon
The Parish sacramental program for Confirmation begins with the parent information evening on Wednesday, 28th April 2021 at 5pm. Any baptised child in grade 3 or above is welcome to be part of our Parish based program. If you have not already completed and returned your registration form to the Parish office, could you please do so before the information evening. If you would like to enrol your child in the Confirmation program, please contact the Parish office on email: [email protected] so that we can send you a registration form. Thank-you.
Parish Diary Next Week
Monday 19th April:
- Adoration after the OLR Mass each Monday.
- School resumes this Monday and we welcome back all our young scholars and teachers as term two begins – may the next 10 weeks be a time of enjoyment, learning and fun!
- The OLR craft group meet every Monday 9am-12noon in the Parish Centre. For more information please contact Helen McGlynn on 0409 050 722.
- Charismatic Prayer Group gathers to praise God and to give thanks for all God’s blessings, every 1st & 3rd Mondays of the month 7-8.30pm in the AED room. Contact Dorothy for details – 0403 175 714
Tuesday 20th April:
- Maleny Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament from 8.30am, Mass 9.00am Maleny Rosary 9.30am after Mass
- OLR St Vincent de Paul meet every Tuesday at 3pm in the Parish Centre. We make daily visits to those in need. New members welcome. Phone Dawn 5430 9390 for further enquiries.
Wednesday 21st April:
- Art class with Jude this week in the Parish centre 10-12noon.
- Caloundra Catholic Community Social Justice Network (CCCSJN) in the Pastoral Care Boardroom 10.00am–11.30 am. Visitors and enquiries welcome but it is essential to contact Bob before the meeting to receive papers. [email protected]
Thursday 22nd April:
- Kawana Men’s group 10-11.30am in the Good Shepherd Centre.
Friday 23rd April:
- Landsborough Mass at 9am followed by adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Confession available while adoration is on. Prayers for Priests in the Ron Hickey Centre with morning tea following Mass.
- Lighthouse Youth Group Grade 6-8 in the Parish Centre from 5:15-7:15pm
Sunday 25th April:
- Kid’s Club re-launch at OLR 9.30am Mass
- After 5pm Mass at Unity we invite families to stay and enjoy some nibbles.