This Week In Our Parish:
Monday 17 Jan
- Adoration after the OLR Mass each Monday – All welcome.
- The Prayer for Priests prayer group meets after the 9am morning Mass, all welcome.
Tuesday 18 Jan
- The Tuesday Club hosts cards in the Caloundra Pastoral Centre weekly beginning at 8:30am – all welcome.
- Maleny Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament from 8.30am, Mass 9.00am, Rosary 9.30am after Mass.
- OLR St Vincent de Paul meet every Tuesday at 3pm in the Parish Centre. We make daily visits to those in need. New members welcome. Phone Dawn 5430 9390 for further enquiries.
- Women’s Prayer and Friendship Group start back today Tuesday in the ADE from 9.30-10.45am, all welcome. Enquiries contact Vivienne 0409 897 673.
- Save the date 15th February Women’s retreat at the OLR church 9.30am-2.30pm
Wednesday 19 Jan
- Young Adults Group (now called Kingdom YA) in the Parish Centre from 6pm.
Thursday 20 Jan
- Kawana Bible Study 8-9.30am Good Shepherd Centre.
2022 Parish Alpha Update
Our parish evangelisation efforts are full steam ahead for 2022, with an exciting calendar of four Alpha programs booked in for the year. We are trying to cater for everyone, and are planning two daytime Alphas and two evening Alphas. Alpha is a 10 week program (including a beautiful Retreat Day) that looks at life, faith and meaning. It involves sharing a meal, watching a film, and participating in a group discussion and is a wonderful way of developing a personal relationship with Jesus.
The planned 2022 Caloundra Alpha dates are:
Term 1 Monday 31st January 10 am; Retreat 26th March
Term 2 Tuesday 26th April 6pm; Retreat 18th June
Term 3 Monday 11th July 10am; Retreat 3rd September
Term 4. Tuesday 4th October; Retreat 26th November
The fruits of the Alpha program are spreading through our community. A number of small groups have developed from Alpha and are meeting regularly, including both the Kawana and Caloundra Men’s Groups; the Women’s Faith and Friendship group, the Art Group, the Young Adults group and multiple Bible study groups at both Caloundra and Kawana. We are very grateful to the Alpha ‘alumni’ who are volunteering to lead all these initiatives. If you would like to participate in any of the small groups please contact us [email protected] for more information, or check with the Parish Office. You do not need to have done an Alpha to join the small groups, and they are a great way to find community within our Parish.
We are taking registrations for daytime Alpha starting on 31st Jan at 10am in the Parish Centre; please email [email protected] We are also very keen to facilitate a hinterland Alpha if the interest is there. If you are interested in either leading or participating in a program at one of our hinterland churches, please contact Jacinta or Trish at [email protected]
Kawana Bible Study
Starting on Thursday 20th Jan at 8-9.30am for six weeks, there will be a Bible Study on St Paul’s letter to the Philippians. John Manion will lead this at the Good
Shepherd Centre. Please register by emailing or texting [email protected] 0416 154 144
Please note there will be No Ladies lunch in January due to the COVID situation. We will advise when we are going to book another one in. Any enquiries please contact Deborah on 0410531901.
We have all had to adapt and change during these uncertain Covid days and we have all learnt new ways of doing old things! Your Parish family is no different. The collection plate is just one of many ways of supporting your parish today and during the New Year. Without your support we cannot cover our debts nor can we put into action our Parish pastoral mission and ministry. The QR code below is just one convenient and easy way to financially support the Parish. Whatever way you fulfil your pledge a grateful Parish says – thank you. (click or scan me)
As a parish family we welcome Noah McPherson & Siena Brady who were baptised at OLR last week.
We also pray for Gloria Bracken, Gabriele Simpson, Peter Loughnan & Mary Hoare whose funerals were celebrated over the last two weeks. May their souls and all the souls of our deceased priests, religious and parishioners Rest in Peace.