Friends, with more unknowns than knowns about our lockdown there’s obviously not much we can advertise at this time. Perhaps is an opportune time to thing about the ways we can remain connected to each other during this time. Here’s what we’ve come up with:
5 WAYS TO BE A LIGHT IN LOCKDOWN
- While you’re out walking, drop a handwritten note into your neighbours’ letterbox, offering to assist with any errands they need help with. It may be as simple as picking up bread and milk or dropping off scripts at the pharmacy.
- Share your favourite lockdown recipes or have a virtual dinner party, inviting other families to cook the same meal and eat together via Zoom.
- Hold your own ‘Are You OK During Lockdown’ day. Set aside a day where all families in your social circle are encouraged to call someone and ask, ‘Are you okay’?
- Go for a family/household walk in your local area. Give thanks for God’s creation and reap the health benefits of being active outdoors
- Be a light for others and make a card or write a letter/email to a parishioner who lives alone and may be missing their parish family.
Thank you for your continued financial support of the parish during this time – it definitely not taken for granted. Thank you, thank you, thank you!