CEO SLEEPOUT – Michael Stewart & Fr Josh
This winter, Fr Josh and Michael Stewart, our OLR principal, are raising money for people experiencing homelessness in our area. Click below to help us have the biggest impact we can by supporting the Vinnies CEO Sleepout today. Your donation will help the St Vincent de Paul Society provide housing, food and empowering support to the people who need it most.
Parish Finance Committee
With the end of the Financial Year it is timely to give a snapshot of our financial position. At the Parish Finance Committee meeting held last week our audited parish accounts were presented and forwarded to the Archbishop.
Looking at our weekly collections and Planned Giving, over the past twelve months we banked $411.102 which is down 10.44% on a year by year comparison. Considering the impact of the Coronavirus, this is a tremendous result and a tribute to every member of the Parish and your generosity.
During this time we were able to reduce our expenditure by 11.41% which left us with an operating deficit for the Financial Year of $105.237.
The Coronavirus is still causing understandable uncertainty in all our lives. Moving forward as we look to the new Financial Year, we will still keep an eye on expenditure, ensuring that we keep within our budget. At the same time we will continue to depend, as always, on the generous support and trust of each and every member of our Parish Family.
Thank you. Parish Finance Committee
Jack Wilcox, who gave us the life and times of Father John Dobson with his book A Parish Odyssey, has turned his attention to the weather. Looks Like Rain: Maleny 1880-2016 is a book about the cyclones and floods and their impact on people in Queensland, especially the Maleny region (spanning the Caloundra Parish).
The book will be launched at 10am on Saturday 12 June at the Maleny RSL. All welcome.
The Parish office is looking for an Accountant (retired or not) or an experienced Bookkeeper for approx 10 hours paid work per week.
Please phone Dale Rolls 0439780122 for more details.
The Caloundra Spirituality Support Group
The Caloundra Spirituality Support Group is pleased to sponsor a screening of a recent ACCCR zoom presentation by the inspirational international speaker, Sr Joan Chittister OSB, on “The Future of Catholicism in Australia: Renewal directions, priorities, hopes and aspirations” with a welcome by Archbishop Mark Coleridge in preparation for the Plenary Council. We look forward to welcoming you to this free screening, watched already by over 3,000 people, ACTION REQUESTED: You are requested to book by emailing Bob [email protected] Please come to the Egan Room (next to the OLR Church, 61 Edmund St) by 9.45am to ensure a prompt 10.00 am start. Cuppa at 11.30 am with finish at 12.00 noon on this Friday 11 June.
Sunday 6th June (Corpus Christi):
- Kid’s Club at OLR 9.30am Mass
- Maleny – morning tea in the Pat Daley Centre after Mass; Covid-safe regulations will apply.
- Please join us for a cuppa after the 8am Unity Mass, bring a plate to share.
- Please stay and join us for a cuppa after the OLR 9.30am Mass.
- Illuminate Youth Group at Unity for grades 9-12 – 6-8pm
Monday 7th June:
- Adoration after the OLR Mass each Monday.
- The OLR craft group meet every Monday 9am-12noon in the Parish Centre. For more information please contact Helen McGlynn on 0409 050 722.
- Charismatic Prayer Group gathers to praise God and to give thanks for all God’s blessings, every 1st & 3rd Mondays of the month 7-8.30pm in the AED room. Contact Dorothy for details – 0403175714
Tuesday 8th June:
- Women’s Prayer and Friendship Group every Tuesday in the Parish Centre from 9.30-10.45am. All welcome, any enquiries contact Vivienne 0400291979
- The Caloundra Cards Group meets at the Parish Centre from 8:30 -12noon.
- Maleny Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament from 8.30am, Mass 9.00am Maleny Rosary 9.30am after Mass.
- OLR St Vincent de Paul meet every Tuesday at 3pm in the Parish Centre. We make daily visits to those in need. New members welcome. Phone Dawn 5430 9390 for further enquiries.
Wednesday 9th June:
- Art class with Jude this week in the Parish Centre 10-12noon.
- OLR Men’s Sharing Group 10am-11:30am. In the Parish Centre meeting rooms. 2nd & 4th Wed each month.
- Maleny Cards 6pm in the Pat Daley Centre.
- State of Origin – GO Maroons!!!!
Thursday 10th June:
- Members of Caloundra’s, Our Lady of Good Counsel Conference of the St. Vincent de Paul Society meet at the Parish Centre at 9:30am. New members welcome. Further enquiries contact Peter 54924402
Friday 11th June:
- Landsborough Mass this week will be at 9am followed by adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Confession available while adoration is on. Prayers for Priests in the Ron Hickey Centre with morning tea following Mass.
- Spirituality Group meets in the OLR Parish Centre 9.45am-12noon every 2nd Friday of the month.
- Lighthouse Youth Group for grades 6-8 in the Parish Centre from 5:15-7:15pm
Saturday 12th June:
- Maleny RSL 10.00am Jack Wilcox book launch; all welcome.
Sunday 13th June (Eleventh Sunday In Ordinary Time):
- Kid’s Club at OLR 9.30am Mass
- Maleny Sacred Heart Feast Day celebratory sausage sizzle after Mass. All welcome.